Miraz Securitas a Leading Security Service Provider in Delhi NCR Explains
In the ever-evolving landscape of today’s world, security guards serve as stalwarts of safety, embodying a crucial shield against potential threats. From safeguarding individuals and assets to maintaining order and peace, security guards play a vital role in our society. However, it is important to understand both their capabilities and limitations to appreciate the complexities of the profession. Miraz Securitas, the top security service company in Delhi, Gurgaon, NOIDA, and Greater NOIDA discusses it in this blog.
What Indian Security Guards CAN DO—-
1. Surveillance and Monitoring: Security guards in India play a vital role in surveillance and monitoring, actively detecting suspicious activities and potential security breaches. They employ advanced surveillance technology like cameras and sensors to enhance their vigilance. Swift assessment and response to such situations are paramount to preventing harm or damage. Ultimately, their primary objective is to ensure the safety and protection of individuals and property under their jurisdiction.
2. Physical Search: Security personnel have the authority to perform physical searches. They can legally request to inspect your belongings and your person when entering a venue. Likewise, they can ask for a physical examination while entering or leaving a store, especially if there are suspicions of theft. If you decline a search, guards may deny your entry or, if there are reasonable grounds for suspicion, detain you using appropriate force.
3. Can detain a person: The foremost obligation of a security guard stationed at a commercial facility is to ensure unauthorized access is prevented. This encompasses the verification of valid tickets and booking slips. In the event that an individual is unable to produce satisfactory documentation, the security guard must instruct them to wait and promptly inform their supervisor without delay.
4. Emergency Response: In crises or emergencies, security guards are first responders, assessing and addressing situations promptly. They prioritize individual safety, providing basic first aid, implementing evacuations, and collaborating with external emergency services. Their composure and critical decision-making skills prevent disasters and minimize harm.
5. Customer Service: Security guards not only protect but also enhance customer experiences. With a friendly and approachable demeanour, they build trust and create a safe environment. They offer directions, information, and assistance, improving the overall experience for visitors, employees, or residents. Their professionalism greatly contributes to well-being and satisfaction.
What Indian Security Guards Can’t Do—–
1. Can’t Arrest a Person: Security guards are not authorized to enforce the law to the extent of police officers. Their jurisdiction is limited to the premises they protect, and their actions must adhere to local laws and regulations. They cannot make arrests or conduct investigations beyond their scope, although they can detain individuals suspected of committing offences until law enforcement authorities arrive.
2. Use of force is strictly prohibited: Although security guards receive training in handling potential threats, they are expected to exercise restraint and only employ reasonable force when necessary. Their goal is to defuse situations and maintain order without resorting to unnecessary violence. Any use of force must be within the boundaries prescribed by the law and the guidelines set by their employers.
3. Don’t use Weapons Usually: In India, security guards are generally not permitted to carry firearms or weapons while on duty. The Private Security Agencies (Regulation) Act, 2005, governs the functioning of security agencies in the country, and it specifies that guards should not carry firearms unless specifically authorized by the central or state government. Most security guards in India rely on non-lethal equipment and rely on their training and communication skills to handle security situations.
Security guards personify the essence of protection, ensuring our well-being, safeguarding our assets, and creating an atmosphere of security. By acknowledging and appreciating their contributions, we can build stronger and safer communities where security guards continue to be the unsung heroes of our everyday lives.